Welcome to all......

I would like to welcome ALL newcomers to my blog: Gene Chapman's ALS Journey. I was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gerhigs disease) back on 1/12/2010. It was confirmed on 2/12/2010. I enrolled and started in a 3rd stage drug trial out of the Mayo Jacksonville, Fl. Clinic that will hopefully stop but not cure ALS. My first dosing was on 4/30/2010 and my wife or my daughter in law administers two 20 cc dosages twice a day, one per sitting, 12 hours apart via a picc line that was surgically placed in my jugular vein.

I have filed for and should get disability by the end of August, 2010. Till then, my wife and I carve out a living with our two dogs in the Gainesville, Fl. area.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Perspective............

Today is a slow day for me........I didn't want to get up today. Nope, nine, not at all. BUT, life still goes on. I didn't want to stay in bed all day. Besides, I had to get up and Pee. Maybe that's my motivation, plain and simple. Consider & vue this link:

http://www.space.com/php/multimedia/imagedisplay/img_display.php?pic=herschel-galaxies-100528-02.jpgcap=Thousands+of+galaxies+crowd+into+this+Herschel+image+of+the+distant+universe.+Each+
dot+is+an+entire+galaxy+containing+billions+of+stars.+This+image+image+was+taken+in+a+
region+of+space+called+the+Lockman+hole%2C+which+allows+a+clear+line+of+sight+out+into+
the+distant+Universe.+This+%22hole%22+is+located+in+the+familiar+northern+constellation+
of+Ursa+Major%2C+The+Great+Bear.+Credit%3A+ESA+%26+SPIRE+Consortium+%26+
HerMES+consortia

The previous item is what I am going to talk about today; I didn't plan on it, but It just came up & it got me thinking. The link is above and it will take you to a pretty color picture. ( I hope you can click on it & not have to type it in.) If you scrool down, you will see the description. Each colored dot is a Galaxy, just like or similar too our Milky way Galaxy. In each of those Galaxies are at least several billion stars like our sun. Around most of those stars are planets like the planets that exist in our solar system. Does anyone want to count those dots?

This image is just from a 1 degree arc of sky from the Ursa Major (the Great Bear/Big Dipper) portion of the sky. Your fist, is about a 10 degree portion of the sky. Sooooo, this image is taken from a portion of the sky that is 1/2 (half) the width of your finger!!!! (It's from the year old Infrared Herschel Telescope. It can see though gas & dust particles.)

Now please, stop and think about the SCALE of this picture....... Do you HONESTLY think that this all happened by LUCK, Chance or happenstance? Or, as I believe, that this Universe, Galaxy, Solar system and planets were made by Intelligent Design. I/We call this Intelligent Designer GOD/FATHER/PAPA. I futher believe that FATHER desires to have a relationship with me (he sent his son, didn't he?) AND has provided a way for him & I to have a relationship (the Holy Spirit) through the dance we call LIFE! I may not like my choices, or his choices, but I love him, just the same because he first Loved me! Did he have me or each one of us in mind, when he created the "Lockman Hole" as that picture is being called? I would like to think so or BELIEVE so. Since he did and he desires, so desperately, desperately enough to send his son to make a way, so that every one of us has a way to meet up with him and relate to him; not just for a brief moment, but for an eternity!

This thought just blows me away, just plain away. Even my meager description does not do the picture or Father, Son, Spirit, or my belief ANY justice. Just think, it all started with getting out of bed to go Pee. Now consider the irony in THAT thought................. Love, Peace & Understanding, Gene

No comments:

Post a Comment