Welcome to all......

I would like to welcome ALL newcomers to my blog: Gene Chapman's ALS Journey. I was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gerhigs disease) back on 1/12/2010. It was confirmed on 2/12/2010. I enrolled and started in a 3rd stage drug trial out of the Mayo Jacksonville, Fl. Clinic that will hopefully stop but not cure ALS. My first dosing was on 4/30/2010 and my wife or my daughter in law administers two 20 cc dosages twice a day, one per sitting, 12 hours apart via a picc line that was surgically placed in my jugular vein.

I have filed for and should get disability by the end of August, 2010. Till then, my wife and I carve out a living with our two dogs in the Gainesville, Fl. area.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

CHOICE...

Good afternoon all. I wish to apologize for the delay in my post to this blog; my Secretary went away for a week and I was lost. While she is given a stipend, she is still a young teen and basically does what she wants.

I am doing well today, no pain and some-what mobile. I am waiting for the MSW she is forty minutes late.

My visit to Mayo went well last week.We found a Five-Guys Burger and had a great lunch. We then went to a Wal-mart and I used a new scooter and was actually a help to my wife which was refreshing. I will certainly do that more.

This weeks blog post is about making choices: this is perhaps the greatest gift that our heavenly Father has given us. I began thinking about this subject when my wife, Sharon, made the comment to her brother, David, that her decision to stay with me and honor her marriage vow "in sickness or health" was a choice she made. That got me to thinking about choices we make everyday that are both important and not so important.

If you believe that we are made in God's image, then it was God the Father gave us this Free Will when we were first created. The flip side of choice is unconditional love because you cannot have unconditional love without Free Will. The reason I state Free Will is that there can be other types of choices made by choice: guilt, anger, even denial. To have a Free Will choice a person must be free of any external forces and only motivated by love from the Father, the Spirit of the Son and the Spirit of truth. There are times when we must have self-love but that is only when you are being self-caring.

As a matter-of-fact the angels, when it came time for them to make a choice to follow GOD the Father or Satan they only got one choice and that's only because they were not created to experience GRACE! I do not believe that this was limited by the lack of love but just because angels, being created just above men were not created for grace.

Now back to the choice; when my wife chose to stay with me it was done out of selfless love. That is how choice was designed to be made. Every decision that GOD the Father ,Son and Spirit does is selfless and out of love. And from what the Apostle Paul tells us I Corn. 13 we can surmise that Satan did not rebel out of love!, except for himself.

I could say more, but it would do this subject a tremendous disservice. I do not wish to do that. The only perspective I can give is my own and I believe that love is the only choice we can make. It was made by my Father in heaven, his son who is my Savior, and the basis for the truth given by the Spirit. That is the choice that his Son made in the garden , and that is the choice that I believe that my Father in heaven wants me to make.So make the choice of love.

Love to all,Gene/slc

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that you have been missed.

    ReplyDelete