Welcome to all......

I would like to welcome ALL newcomers to my blog: Gene Chapman's ALS Journey. I was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gerhigs disease) back on 1/12/2010. It was confirmed on 2/12/2010. I enrolled and started in a 3rd stage drug trial out of the Mayo Jacksonville, Fl. Clinic that will hopefully stop but not cure ALS. My first dosing was on 4/30/2010 and my wife or my daughter in law administers two 20 cc dosages twice a day, one per sitting, 12 hours apart via a picc line that was surgically placed in my jugular vein.

I have filed for and should get disability by the end of August, 2010. Till then, my wife and I carve out a living with our two dogs in the Gainesville, Fl. area.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Let us not be discouraged.

I wrote this blog post a few minutes after finishing yesterdays, post because it is a continuation of yesterdays, thoughts and encouragements. Here is the scripture verse that made me thinking.

“Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” 2 Cor 4:16-18

To me, a very relevant and powerful statement and a GREAT piece of encouragement. One of those simply powerful phrases that I wish I wrote! I would like to focus on the second sentence in this verse. I agree with the first sentence, because it is a promise; Father gives me the unseen HOPE, in the form of encouragement, to go on in a new day. He does this thru the renewing of my mind (Romans 12:1, I think) "...For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all..." This is what I want to focus on:

Evidentally my sufferings with ALS (not the day-to-day sufferings I create, cause or bring onto my self. Those are relevant, but not for this discussion) are creating an eternal glory that far outweighs my trouble WITH ALS! This is very intriguing! Is this the reason that Father created this process, when sin (I know he new it was going to happen) came into the world, this eternal glory from the suffering we endure? Is this the mechanism that he creates Beauty from the Pain?

I am writing this blog post on Monday, so I won't lose my thought tomorrow, and I can process these thoughts all through to Wednesday morning and beyond a little more easily. The last sentence, as far as I am concerned, is the key: To focus, consider, THINK OF, the unseen, which is eternal not what is seen (the suffering).

So based on this scripture verse, I am suffering with ALS NOW, so that Father may create an eternally and glorious beauty from my current pain that will be MUCH, MUCH MORE than the suffering of the disease and it will last forever when I get to be with him in heaven!

I am going to stop here, to make sure that I am not way off, blowing smoke or whatever. More on this Wednesday. Love, Blessings and Hugs and Kisses; be encoureged, Gene C.

No comments:

Post a Comment