Welcome to all......

I would like to welcome ALL newcomers to my blog: Gene Chapman's ALS Journey. I was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gerhigs disease) back on 1/12/2010. It was confirmed on 2/12/2010. I enrolled and started in a 3rd stage drug trial out of the Mayo Jacksonville, Fl. Clinic that will hopefully stop but not cure ALS. My first dosing was on 4/30/2010 and my wife or my daughter in law administers two 20 cc dosages twice a day, one per sitting, 12 hours apart via a picc line that was surgically placed in my jugular vein.

I have filed for and should get disability by the end of August, 2010. Till then, my wife and I carve out a living with our two dogs in the Gainesville, Fl. area.

Monday, May 17, 2010

What we Hope for.....

Good morning to all. I would like to note we have one more follower on this blog, YEAAAAAAA!!!!!!

It's a funny thing, what we hope for at times. The simple things, the serious things, the silly things, the things that matter to us the most. I would like to suggest a slight refocus on what you & I (we) all hope for. Yes, it's OK to plan, hope, expect. But let us emphasize or refocus on just living in the moment.

When Jesus said "my grace is sufficient for you" he was talking about THAT moment (I believe). All that the Father promises is today,. Yesterday is gone and the only two things yesterday is good for is regret or encouragement. Tomorrow has enough trouble in & of itself and Jesus tells us NOT to worry about it. Thus, today is what matters in the framework of what we are to gauge our hopes, dreams and expectations by. "Now these three remain, Faith, Hope & Love, but the greatest of these is Love" (2 Cor)

Those are the things from above, that we can not see, not the things here below that we can see that Paul encourages us to focus on. This could turn out to be a major paradigm shift. If I sound cryptic, I am still figuring it out, myself. Soooo, I will try and increase the clarity of what I am saying, this week......I Hope.

Love, Blessings, Hugs & Kisses to all, Gene C. p.s. this doesn't have to be a puzzle! Check out this link to a similar article on another blog: http://www.thebridgemaker.com/

2 comments:

  1. Daddy, I have learned to live this way: When our Lord said "It is finish", I see that as the cake. The stuff we need to live. Everything else in life is nothing but icing.... You dont need icing to be complete, just cake. Just "right" relation to our God. I am thankful for everyday I have you. I count it a blessing that we have time before you go to the Lord. Some have to say such quick goodbye's or non at all. I look forward to spending time with you this summer. I count it as icing that the Lord has given me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Rebekah. Love& hugs, your Dad

    ReplyDelete